The Pine River is a National Scenic Riverway surrounded by the Manistee National Forest. We offer six trips of varying length. The time below is "in canoe time." If you stop for any reason, you should add time.
Edgetts Bridge to Skookum Bridge - 3 hours
Skookum Bridge to Lincoln Access - 3 hours
Lincoln Access to Elm Flats - 1 hour
Elm Flats to Dobson Bridge - 2.5 hours
Dobson Bridge to Peterson Bridge - 2 hours
Peterson Bridge to Low Bridge - 3 hours
Camping & Accommodations
rules of the river
We welcome you to the Manistee National Forest. In order to preserve the natural beauty of the experience for yourselves and generations to come, certain regulations are necessary.
1. NO GLASS BOTTLES.
2. NO STYROFOAM COOLERS.
3. There is no overnight camping on the Pine River within a 1/4 mile corridor each side of the stream except at developed camp grounds.
4. All transported items should be tied to your canoe to prevent spillage. Do not attempt to bury litter. Please carry out what you carry in. Disposal bins have been placed for your convenience at the designated landings along your river route. Please use these bins only.
5. All vehicles must be parked in the designated areas. Do not park or block landing areas, as there are others behind you.
6. We are under special use permit with the U.S. Forest Service, so we ask that you are off the river by 6:00 p.m.
7. Last run of the day leaves at 3:00 p.m.
8. All paddles and preservers must be returned to the office.
We are a permittee of the Huron Manistee National Forest, and an equal opportunity service provider.